We asked various questions regarding the Alaska workers compensation mileage and travel reimbursement processes:
1. Is there a reimbursement for travel expenses? Car, taxi, bus, train, etc.
2. What is the current workers comp mileage rate?
3. Is there a specific mileage reimbursement form?
4. Where can I find the workers comp mileage reimbursement form?
5. How do I submit the mileage reimbursement form? What’s the process? Email/fax/mail?
6. How long does it generally take to receive your transportation reimbursement?
7. What is the follow up process if my transportation reimbursement is not received?
All your question regarding reimbursement for travel can be found at the following website:
The website has all the information your requesting. As far as, where & whom to send the request to, you can write on a blank sheet of paper and submit the information to your adjuster. All your other question can be answered through your employer adjusting company. I’ve attached claim form you can file if adjusting co. rejects your benefits.
Alaska Workers Comp Reimbursement Form
All State Reimbursement Forms Can be Found Here
Alaska Workers Compensation Reimbursement Law
“Regulation 8 AAC 45.084 describes medical travel expenses payable or reimbursable under the Alaska Workers’ Compensation Act. Mileage allowances for use of a private vehicle, meals and lodging are based on reasonable amounts incurred when obtaining necessary medical treatment. Reimbursable expenses may not exceed the per diem rate paid by the State of Alaska to its supervisory personnel while traveling. Reimbursement of per diem must be substantiated by receipts.”
Above Answers Provided By
Sertram “Sid” Harris
Workers’ Compensation Technician
State of Alaska
Dept. of Labor & Workforce Development
3301 Eagle St. Ste. 304
Anchorage, AK 99503
Locate Your States Workers Comp Agency
To easily collect your workers compensation transportation reimbursement, visit www.RoadCash.com