We asked various questions regarding the Michigan workers compensation mileage reimbursement processes:
Questions Asked & Answers Received
1. Is there a reimbursement for travel expenses? Car, taxi, bus, train, etc.
Yes, travel related expenses for a covered injury should be reimbursed.
2. What is the current workers comp mileage rate?
The current mileage rate is .54 cents per mile.
3. Is there a specific mileage reimbursement form?
The State of Michigan does not have a specific form, the insurance company of record may.
4. Where can I find the Alaska workers comp reimbursement form?
Contact the insurance company.
5. How do I submit the mileage reimbursement form? What’s the process? Email/fax/mail?
That would be up to the claims adjuster as to how they will accept the request.
6. How long does it generally take to receive your transportation reimbursement?
The insurance company has 30 days from the date of receipt to pay.
7. What is the follow up process if reimbursement is not received?
File for a hearing here at the Agency. If you have additional questions please contact the Agency help line at (888) 396-5041.
Travel Reimbursement Rates for Injured Employees
All State Reimbursement Forms Can be Found Here
Above Answers Provided By
State of Michigan
Licensing and Regulator Affairs
Workers Compensation Agency
(517) 284-8893 phone
(517) 284-8899 fax
Locate Your States Workers Comp Agency
To easily collect your workers compensation transportation reimbursement, visit www.RoadCash.com