Minnesota Workers Comp Mileage Reimbursement

We asked various questions regarding the Minnesota workers compensation mileage reimbursement processes:

Questions Asked & Answers Received

1. Is there a reimbursement for travel expenses? Car, taxi, bus, train, etc.
There can be reimbursement for reasonable travel expenses i.e. mileage for doctor appointments, trips to the drug store, P.T. appointments, etc. Meals and lodging may also be reimbursed. Check with the insurance carrier first. The trips need to be related to the claim.

2. What is the current mileage rate?
The current mileage rate is 54 cents per mile unless the employer has their own plan.

3. Is there a specific form?
There is no specific form. Contact the insurance company to see if they have one or how they would like the information to be given to them.

4. Where can I find the form?
See #3

5. How do I submit the form, process? Email/fax/mail?
See #3

6. How long does it generally take to receive reimbursement?
It generally takes about 30 days to receive reimbursement.

7. What is the follow up process if reimbursement is not received?
Contact the claims adjuster first. They may need additional information. If there is a dispute over the reimbursement, contact the department’s Alternative Dispute Resolution unit, 800-342-5354, they may be able to assist you. If there is a problem with the reimbursement, a medical or rehabilitation request for assistance form can be filed with the department of Labor and Industry. Those forms can be found on our website: http://www.dli.mn.gov/WC/Wcforms.asp

Above Answers Provided By

Ralph Hapness
Compliance, Records and Training
Worker’s Compensation Division
Minnesota Dept. of Labor & Industry
(651) 284-5226

To easily collect your workers compensation transportation reimbursement, visit www.RoadCash.com

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *